- The library plays a pivotal role in the teaching –learning process of the college.The 1680 square feet well ventilated, intelligently lighted up and comfortably furnished, partially automated library with a seating capacity of about 100.
- The Library presently has around 17,000 books and subscribes regular periodicals including both journal and magazines including 2 dailies.
- The e-books and e-journals are also available in the library through www.inflibnet.ac.in. Library has INFLIBNET (N-List) facility for accessing 97000+ e-books and 6000+full text e-journals and the number is increasing regularly.
- The library remains open on all the working days except Sundays and College notified holidays. The Library is open from 9.00am to 6.00pm on Monday to Saturday.
- Library is using library management software, SOUL (version 2.0) for its housekeeping operations.
- Availability of OPAC searching facility is one of the salient features of the library.
- The members have open access to the library collection. Each shelf is accompanied with shelf guide, which indicates shelf number, class number, book number, edition and subjects concerned.
- The library maintains Braille book facility for physically-challenged /differently abled students.
- The Internet browsing facilities are also available, but only educational sites are allowed for surfing.
- The photocopy and print-out facilities are available in the library keeping in mind the copyright rules in this regard.
- Library is well equipped with LAN-connected computers with internet connectivity.
- The library provides current-awareness service to the readers through new arrivals display, newspaper clippings, announcement posters etc.
- Surveillance is made through the CCTV installed in the reading room.
- For book processing system library follows Dewey Decimal Classification (22nd ed.) & Anglo American Cataloguing Rules (2nd rev. ed.)
- Soft copy of the previous year question papers (in progress) is also available.
- The effective functioning of the library is ensured by a library committee headed by the Principal (Chairperson), assisted by the Convener, Librarian, representative of various departments & staff.
- The library has an approved policy on the collection development supporting introduction of new services, support in terms of funds, annual increase of budget, binding procedure, weeding out of unserviceable books and policy on loss of books and an ongoing commitment of the institution in deputing library professionals for continuing education programmes.
- The Library committee annually compiles a budget proposal considering the requirement of different departments to be placed before the principal. Central library and departmental library are utilizing the funds of UGC grants under the supervision of Library committee.